Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Contrast, Balance, Harmony

From   http://www.deviantart.com/






















I was quite taken by this photograph when I found it. The contrast of color values is quite striking. The implied warmth of the yellow flowers creates an area of comfort an peace to me. The dividing line created by the mountains leads my eyes upward to the stark white of the snow. Upward from there to the cool blue sky and the feeling is complete. Peaceful, serene and very inviting in its harmonious sensory experience. I feel like I can run into the frame, reach out my hands and Sound of Music spin around with a smile on my face.

The layout of this piece is perfect; the horizontal lines created naturally by the Horizon is framed by nature itself. The texture of the flowers is very inviting, organic and fibrous. The crisp clean air quality is emphasized by the distance from the camera to the furthest objects in frame. The perceived temperature is an early spring briskness, due to the snow on the mountains.

There are no highlights or shadows but rather a stark blending that happens where the natural elements meet. Each flower is an individual but together they create a field that shouts with color. Nature is an excellent painter.



No comments:

Post a Comment